Who we are and what we do!
United Against Domestic Violence (UADV) was formally known as One Billion Rising Parramatta is a volunteer based charity that was awarded 2016 Australia Day Award for Community Project of the Year. Our main aim is to assist women and children escaping from Domestic Violence (DV) by working closely with the Thelma Brown Cottage which is a refuge in Parramatta run by Parramatta Mission. These women escaping from violent relationships usually leave with just the clothes on their back and only a few personal items they can fit in a bag and need to restart their lives again from scratch. Parramatta Mission assists them in counselling, financial benefits, finding housing etc. What we do is assist the women in furnishing their new homes with the items that they have not been able to purchase during their 3 month stay at Thelma Brown Cottage. This is only made possible by the kind donations from business, families and from funds raised in our Annual Gala Dinner.
How you can help!
Any items that you are able to donate will assist these women and children to set up their new lives and hopefully stop them from going back to their violent partners. These items could include new, ex display stock, damaged packing or sale items that you can’t sell.
We are in urgent need of:
- Bedding of all sizes (including towels, linen, pillows, blankets, quilts, mattress & pillow protectors, inflatable beds, mattresses and bed frames)
- Kitchenware (including dinner sets, cutlery, glasses, mugs, utensils, pots & pans, cutting boards, bakeware and any other items required in the kitchen)
- Small electrical items (including kettles, toasters, microwaves, mixers, iron & ironing boards, televisions and DVD players)
- Cleaning products (including mops, buckets, cloths, detergents etc.)
Otherwise your financial sponsorship will assist us in buying these items. I have included a list of packages below.
In return for all sponsorship over $200, we will:
- thank you on our Facebook page with a mention of your business
- thank you on our Quarterly Newsletter with a mention of your business (current circulation approx. )
- provide you with a Certificate of Appreciation
- give a special mention & small gift of appreciation at our Annual General Meeting.
- and not to mention you have helped a woman and her children restart their lives.
If you are able to assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me to organise collection/delivery or to discuss other sponsorship options
Client Sponsorship Packages
Please tick the package(s) that you would like to sponsor
Thank you for your assistance.